Pesaro, birth place of Rossini, is a lovely Renaissance town in the north of the Marche region with a rich culture and lively town life. Blessed with beautiful beaches and a fine port, it is becoming a popular destination for travellers in search of 'the real Italy'.
Why Pesaro / Urbino
- Pesaro has a lively town, beautiful beach and pretty hinterlan
- Urbino, a hill town is one of Italy's Renaissance jewells
The locality of Pesaro also takes in the towns of Fano, Urbino and Senigalia.
Urbino was once Italy’s greatest seat of learning and is now a pleasant Renaissance hilltown, its skyline a soaring vista of domes and towers. Also the birthplace of Raphael, several of his works may be viewed in the art gallery at the Ducal Palace, along with works by Piero della Francesca and Titian. Raphael’s childhood home is also open for viewing. Loreto, said to be the site of the house of the Virgin Mary, attracts many pilgrims from around the world. According to legend, the house was carrried here from Nazareth by angels, and is now enclosed in the elaborate Gothic Santuario della Santa Casa.
Our rentals in the Pesaro, Urbino, Fano, Senigallia area include villas, apartments and self-catering accommodation in wonderful holiday settings to ensure that your vacation in the coastal area is a memorable experience.
To do in the Pesaro / Urbino area
- Join in the summertime festivals and streetlife
- Explore the historic town of Urbino
- Visit the Republic of San Marino for a day
- Attend the Rossini Opera Festival in August
- Excursions to the hinterland to see Frasassi caves, Furlo Gorge and the hilltop towns
- Venture up to visit the towns of Fano, Senigalia