Tuscany - Cortona-Arezzo - Passignano
Situated within easy excursion distance from Cortona, Perugia, Lake Trasimeno and other Tuscan destinations, VillaTrecine is in a beautiful panoramic position enjoying expansive views over Lake Trasimeno and the hills towards Cortona.
Villa Trecine consists of the main villa with 10 bedrooms, of which 8 have en-suite bathrooms (the last is a two bedroom suite) and an adjacent annex comprising a large dining and living area with a bar and professional kitchen. It is perfect for large groups comprising families travelling together, birthday celebrations, weddings, cooking courses and groups seeking a relaxing holiday with all options available.
Externally there are many spaces to entertain or relax. A lovely pergola beside the pool is equipped with tables and chairs, and a long table outside the annex is perfect for alfresco dining. The swimming pool (13m x 8m) is in a panoramic position overlooking Lake Trasimeno which is only 3km from the villa.
- Separate annex for dining and entertainment
- Superb views in a central location
Sitting amongst the rolling hills near Cortona on the Umbrian/Tuscan border, this beautifully renovated stone farmhouse has been converted into a stylish and comfortable rental villa. The original characteristics of the original structure have been carefully maintained, including: exposed wooden ceiling beams, hand-made terracotta tiles, stunning stone walls on the interior and original brickwork; whilst modern features such as under-floor heating and air conditioning, a splendid modern professional kitchen, wireless internet, and luxurious bathrooms have been incorporated.
Originally designed as a luxury 'agriturismo' (B&B) with restaurant, we have convinced the owners that it would be perfectly suited as a vacation rental for single groups. The villa is endowed with a domestic kitchen and living room whilst the separate annex with its very spacious dining / living room is ideal for a group of 20, a special party, wedding or other special occasions. The annex faces the pool and is adjacent to the commercial kitchen (also ideal for cookery courses). We can arrange for a cook to prepare all or some meals so that group is able to take full advantage of this unique property
The swimming pool is fully fenced for the safety of children and the adjacent flower garden features a large gazebo, garden furniture and table tennis. Alfresco dining on balmy evenings can be enjoyed from the covered pergola or on a long table adjacent to the annex.
A secondary road winds its way 3km up from Lake Trasimeno to some nearby villages. Turning onto a gravel road and proceeding for 1km leads to the electronic front gate of Villa Trecine. The owner lives in a gate cottage with his family, and the driveway proceeds for 300m to the parking area for the main villa. A large paved terrace leads to several steps up to the annex (approx 50m from the main villa) or straight ahead to the swimming pool.
- General Store & nearest restaurant - 3km
- Passignano sul Trasimeno - 6km (train, banks, restaurants, supermarkets, post, pharmacy, train)
- Cortona -27km
- Perugia - 30km (airport)
- Montepulciano - 46km
- Assisi - 53km
- Siena - 85km
- Florence - 130km (airport)
- Rome - 196km
Situated on Lake Trasimeno on the Tuscan-Umbrian border, Passignano is a vibrant lakeside village with lively streets, cosy trattorias and a beautiful lakeside walk. A popular summer destination for Italian families it has a wonderful summer program of festivals and events. > more
Seasons and prices
|Prices per week
* Prices in other currencies are quoted at current daily exchange rates. An exact quotation will be provided on receipt of a query or request.
Special Notes for Villa Trecine, Tuscan Border, Italy
2013 prices are provisional and may be revised, however most owners will accept bookings at 2012 prices until the new prices are confirmed. Please send an enquiry and we'll respond with a firm quote.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions in respect to additional charges and extras applicable to rental villas and apartment accommodation.
Refundable security deposit
A refundable security deposit of €1500 is payable on arrival at the property. The deposit will be refunded on final inspection excepting in the event of damage or for the deduction of extras.
- Normal arrival times are between 15:30 (3:30pm) and 19:00 (7pm). Departure is by 9:30 on the day of departure.
- The season for pool opening is May to October;
Services included and extras:
- Final cleaning is an extra payable locally in the amount of €350 and not included in weekly rental.
- One set of bed and bath linen per week is included. Additional changes may be requested at the cost of €12 per person. Beach/pool towels are not provided;
- Additional maid service can be requested
- Electricity consumption is included up to 2000kw and the excess will be charged based on consumption at €0.30 per kw
- Heating, if required, is payable on the basis of consumption of gas at €4.00 per unit
- Kitchen gas and water costs are included
- High chairs and cots are available at an additional cost of € €50 per week
- Late arrival fees - we will endeavour to accommodate, but cannot guarantee to satisfy requests for late arrival. The cost of pre-arranged late arrival (if available) will be advised at the time of booking. Unforeseen delays resulting in out of hours arrivals (if available) will incur a charge of € 50.00 payable to the local manager;
- Baby sitting services can usually be organised locally by the area manager;
Our holiday villas and apartment accommodation to rent in Italy are serviced by trained English speaking area managers who are there to ensure that your vacation is pleasurable from the very moment of your arrival.
A beautiful seaside area featuring clear blue seas, picturesque coves and long sandy beaches. The seaside towns and villages have a wonderful lively character during the summer months and colourful restaurants spill out onto public piazzas during the evenings. > more