Tuscany - South - Montepulciano
Villa Petraia, situated on the hill below Montepulciano, is a lovely panoramic villa in a raised position with wonderful views looking east over the Chiana valley: Cortona, Lake Trasimeno (Umbria) and the distant Sibilini mountains (Le Marche). The villa is nicely furnished and a lovely pergola adjacent to the lounge ensures long meals accompanied by lovely breezes and great views. A sparkling kidney shaped swimming pool with a backdrop of forest and those great views ensures an atmosphere of complete
- Wonderful views
- Walk to town
The entrance to holiday Villa Petraia is through double steel gates just one and a half kilometres from the village of Sant Albino. A long gravel drive leads down through well maintained lawns surrounded by vineyards and natural forests to the front of the villa. A shaded pergola on a terrace beside the entrance provides a breathtaking view over the valley towards Umbria and eastern Tuscany.
The entrance opens into a large and luminous open plan living / dining room and open kitchen, furnished in light tones that expand the sense of space and invite a holiday spirit. For those cooler spring and autumn evenings there is a welcoming fireplace and of course the whole villa is air-conditioned for summer comfort.
There are three bedrooms on this floor, two with en-suite bathrooms and the other with a bedroom adjacent to the bathroom. Stairs lead up to the first floor where there are two further bedrooms each with en-suite bathrooms. All rooms have delightful views and large comfortable beds.
There is a large lawn outside the villa sprinkled with olive trees that lead down to a kidney shaped swimming pool with wonderful views over the valley and vineyards below. Occasionally Sylvia and Maurizio may ask permission to enter to tend the vines or prepare something in the cellar, however they compensate by offering a tour of the cellars and a wine tasting for their guests.
LocationVilla Petraia is situated approximately 1km from the main road passing through the village of Sant Albino. The entrance to Villa Petraia is through secure gates and down a gravel driveway to the front of the villa.
- Sant Albino – 1.5km (shops, restaurants, cafes, banks, post office, pastry shops
- Montepulciano – 6km
- Monticchiello – 8km
- A1 Motorway – 14km (Chiusi Cianciamo Terme)
- Montalcino – 30km
- Siena – 72km
- Florence – 138km (airport)
- Rome – 182km (airport)
Seasons and prices
|Prices per week
26 Oct 13 - 28 Dec 13
28 Dec 13 - 04 Jan 14
* Prices in other currencies are quoted at current daily exchange rates. An exact quotation will be provided on receipt of a query or request.
Special Notes for Villa Petraia
2014 prices are provisional and may be revised, however most owners will accept bookings at 2013 prices until the new prices are confirmed. Please send an enquiry and we'll respond with a firm quote.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions in respect to additional charges and extras applicable to rental villas and apartment accommodation.
Refundable security deposit
A refundable security deposit of €600 is payable on arrival at the villa. The deposit will be refunded on final inspection excepting in the event of damage or for the deduction of extras.
Additional services and charges - payable locally on arrival (in Euros):
- Mandatory cleaning and expense reimbursement charges of €180 .00 per week are payable on arrival at the villa. The charge includes the use of utilities (excluding heating and A/C), midweek cleaning, linen etc.
- Local tourism taxes of €1 per person per night are payable locally on arrival;
- One set of bed and bath linen per week is included in the rental cost. Additional changes can be requested and will be charged at €12.00 per change per person;
- Heating and air-conditioning (if required) are additional costs based on the consumption of energy. Electricity for A/C is charged at €1 per kw;
- Wireless internet is available at an additional cost of €30 per week;
- Late arrival fees - we will endeavour to accommodate, but cannot guarantee to satisfy requests for late arrival. The cost of pre-arranged late arrival (if available) will be advised at the time of booking. Unforeseen delays resulting in out of hours arrivals (if available) will incur a charge of € 50.00 payable to the local manager;
- The season for pool opening is - 1 May to the end of September;
- Swimming pool towels are provided;
- Baby sitting services can usually be organised locally by the area manager;
- Boats and bikes hire, food hampers, cooking and many other services mentioned on our booking form can be pre-arranged and prices will be provided on application.
Our holiday villas and apartment accommodation to rent in Italy are serviced by trained English speaking area managers who are there to ensure that your vacation is pleasurable from the very moment of your arrival
The Crete Senesi refers to an area of the Italian region of Tuscany to the south of Siena. Crete senesi are literally ‘Siennese clays’ and the distinctive grey colouration of the soil gives the landscape an appearance often described as lunar. > more
An agricultural production centre of the ancient Republic of Siena, Monteroni d'Arbia is well recognisable for its imposing medieval fortified mill dating to the beginning of the fourteenth century.
The imposing structure of Cuna farm rises on the road from Siena, a well preserved example of a medieval fortified grain tower (13th century), originally belonging to the Hospital of Santa Maria della Scala which used it as a container for grain. > more